Types of Mediator Trainings offered by WMC
- Domestic Mediation Trainings
- General Civil Training
- Advanced Training
- Restorative Practices Training
WMC provides an assortment of dispute resolution trainings that are critical to WMC’s maintaining and increasing the high skill levels of its pool of mediators. For information on State Court requirements for mediator training, mediator standards and other information available from the State Court Administrative Office’s Office of Dispute Resolution, click on the following link to http://courts.michigan.gov/scao/dispute/odr.htm. Listed below are the trainings currently being offered through WMC:
- In both the spring and fall, WMC offers a State Court approved 40 Hour General Civil Mediation Training.
- WMC offers a state approved 40 hour Domestic Mediation Training.
- WMC periodically offers other trainings on truancy, special education (through the Michigan Special Education Mediation Program), probate, child protection/permanency planning and restorative practices. Click here to let us know of your interest in any of these trainings.
- WMC also offers monthly two hour advanced trainings on a variety of subjects, most of which are free to our volunteer mediators.